Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had my 55 since april. I bought it from a great guy in San Fran, who built the car. It is a driver's car w/ 454 that's been worked. My almost 2 year old and I decided to run to the grocery store the other night and as I was pulling onto the country road I decided to hit it. I think my daughter gets a bigger kick out of it than I do lol. So she shifted from 1-2 and BOOM. Pull over to the gravel and see my driveshaft laying on the ground. Turns out it broke the yoke in the rear end. I had planned to take pics today so I could enter them in the calender thread. This is all I have to enter. ARGHH!

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Sorry on your luck..your daughter is a beautiful young lady:) what kind of rear was it and maybe we can help you find something a little stronger.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry on your luck..your daughter is a beautiful young lady:) what kind of rear was it and maybe we can help you find something a little stronger.
It is a 12 bolt. After inspecting it last night, I noticed a couple of the nuts were only hand tight. I did not notice any sign of loctite. Now wondering if it started shaking loose and just twisted. It is only the yoke that is destroyed from what I can tell so far. Taking the rear end out this weekend...

Thank you for the comment. She is a trip.

68,758 Posts
thats a shame evil, but doesn't sound to bad. beautiful daughter! good looking 55 too. :five:

·
Trifive Calendar Editor
3,392 Posts
Sorry about the tough luck.
Very nice car BTW! Hope the repair goes smoothly with minimal damage found.

-Till I saw the pictures, I thought when you wrote "So she shifted from 1-2 and BOOM", that the she was your daughter! Now I know you were refering to the car... well I'm pretty sure. :)

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Sorry to hear about your break down. NICE lookin '55. :tu :tu Your daughter is a doll.

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
BAD BREAK

LOOH FOR A FORGED YOKE TO REINSTALL.ESPECIALLY WITH A BIG BLOCK ABOARD. CAR AND DAUGHTER LOOK GREAT,

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
It is a 12 bolt. After inspecting it last night, I noticed a couple of the nuts were only hand tight. I did not notice any sign of loctite. Now wondering if it started shaking loose and just twisted. It is only the yoke that is destroyed from what I can tell so far. Taking the rear end out this weekend..
Have a look at the strange engineering U1602 Pinion yoke for 12 bolts. their $90.00..use a 1350 series U-Joint..you wont break that:)

Attachments

·
Registered
12,462 Posts
Bad luck! :(
Well, look at it on the bright side - you weren't too far from home when it happened.

It was a long time since I saw this combination... :confused0006: it actually works really well.
Normally I'm not a fan of those big inch wheels but this was very nice :tu:tu:tu
I think it is the combination with the color, gravel plate, California bumpers and correct ride hight. I gives it another, slick look... me like :cool:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the kind words folks. And thanks NHRA for the suggested yoke. I will be looking into that this week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts