Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody heard of or have a factory ash tray light on their trifive?

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,692 Posts
Heard of a lighted cigarette lighter and a vacuum ash tray....But not a lighted ash tray.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found them for Pontiacs and Caddillacs, just curious to see if Chevrolet had one to.

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
10,152 Posts
I don't need one, don't have an ashtray either......LOL

Chevy did not have a light for it in 55-57's

Mikey

Attachments

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I found them for Pontiacs and Caddillacs, just curious to see if Chevrolet had one to.
A friend of mine inherited his father's all original '56 Pontiac Starchief. It has a lot of the 'bells and whistles' options that his dad ordered in '56 including the lighted ashtray option. He is rewiring it now and doing some other minor repairs, etc.; when we were looking it over after removing it to replace the dash light for it(Hadn't worked in decades)we found the Pontiac ashtray assembly looks exactly like a tri-five ashtray assembly.
So if you were wanting an ashtray light for a tri-five it seems very easily doable if you can find the correct socket assembly.

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
Never heard of one either.Mike

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A friend of mine inherited his father's all original '56 Pontiac Starchief. It has a lot of the 'bells and whistles' options that his dad ordered in '56 including the lighted ashtray option. He is rewiring it now and doing some other minor repairs, etc.; when we were looking it over after removing it to replace the dash light for it(Hadn't worked in decades)we found the Pontiac ashtray assembly looks exactly like a tri-five ashtray assembly.
So if you were wanting an ashtray light for a tri-five it seems very easily doable if you can find the correct socket assembly.
This has got me really curious. Heres a NOS lamp for a Pontiac.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1956-Pontiac-NOS-ASH-TRAY-LAMP-/321231084257?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4acadd5ae1&vxp=mtr#ht_60wt_867

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,692 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts