Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone planning to go on any of the ATFA Roadtrips that precede the Nationals? I just signed up for the Michigan one in April.

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,566 Posts
Too rich for my blood on the Calif one, besides the local folks have seen most all of the sights. If it had better locations I might be willing to save up for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,889 Posts
I second that Randy way too rich for me. Even if I had someone to split it with.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Michigan one is one day, and 75 dollars. I hadn't looked at the California one. Maybe they should have a one day roadtrip in each location.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Not really much to see in the MI one that you can't do any other time. And the way the weather can be around here in April there could still be snow/ice and salt over the roads. When I first seen it advertised I really questioned the date, our first cars shows do not really start until May.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I was surprised to see that a one day event at Danchuk was not included as part of the California tour.

Danchuk is a sponsor of ATFA and the tour ends near their facilities. Could have had something on the West Coast for those of us that can't afford a week long trip.

Think someone missed an opportunity.

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,566 Posts
I was surprised to see that a one day event at Danchuk was not included as part of the California tour.

Danchuk is a sponsor of ATFA and the tour ends near their facilities. Could have had something on the West Coast for those of us that can't afford a week long trip.

Think someone missed an opportunity.

I have been through their facility, pretty impressive all they actually build right there. Would have been a good choice for out of towners.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wife and I went to the Michigan Road Trip last Friday. 11 other classics, and about 6 other vehicles. Had a great time. A little rainy at first, but then it cleared up.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Michigan Road trip

I'm one of the 11 Classics that went on the trip. Had a real good time. I'd seen the Heritage Center about 10 yrs ago but seemed better this time. The COPO headquarters was also very interesting. And lastly, the General Motors One factory was the best!! Too bad there wasn't more cars. The weather did SUCK but it all wiped off when I got home. Round trip was around 800 miles for me.

·
Registered
36,976 Posts
Sounds like someone needs to be more creative to get the participation up. Better dates, duration/cost that fits more participation.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
For anyone that doesn't get over to some of the other parts of the forum:

Please follow my link to see all the photos I took while on the Michigan road trip last week. We all had lots of fun, just wish the weather was better as we would have had more Tri-Fives show up!!

Michigan Road Trip

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,566 Posts
The Calif one is going on this week. They limited it to 50 cars but looks like only 30 went.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Fond du Lac

My wife and I did the road trip to Fond du Lac and then on to the Back to the Fifties in Saint Paul. It was the most fun ever! Chris did a great job and I hope they have more road trips next year!

We put 1821 miles on the 55 she cruised at 80+ and got 18 or more mpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts