Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone see's something lacking here at Trifive or if you feel something should be added to make the site even more helpful, please speak up. Trifive is intended to be as much a help as possible to all members. All suggestions will be considered. Thanks

·
Registered
738 Posts
I had this idea tonight... (uh oh)

Maybe a volunteer page or thread for trifivers to help each other with online auctions?

Fake example: A trifiver in Georgia has found a car in the Phoenix area he wants to bid on. It's really hard to bid on a car you haven't seen, and the seller is one of those clowns who can't use punctiation or spell check. What can a guy do, fly out and see if it's worth bidding on? Nope. So, he's got to let the car pass because he doesn't have the confidence to bid to win.

It sure would be nice to have someone go look at it.

You could post something on trifive, but what are the odds that someone close to the car is on trifive? And, what are the odds the right person will see the post asking for help? You can't search for trifive members by geographic location either.

So, how about a volunteer page with member names by state? If someone is willing to help out a trifiver, just post your location. Then all it takes is a private message to the right person.

I hope I explained this so it makes sense.

·
Administrator
49,664 Posts
Can you post a topic in say the chit chat forum like " Inspect 55 in Ga. for Azmember" ? That should get the attention of a member in that state and then can look to see how far from them.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Sorry Don, I didn't realize that....
No problem at all, just a reminder...

Can you post a topic in say the chit chat forum like " Inspect 55 in Ga. for Azmember" ?
Sure you can.

"Can someone check this car out for me?" is a good topic title for the Chit Chat area, and will get attention.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Of course, just because someone is a member here doesn't necessarily mean that their input should be the basis for bidding on or buying a car! I would be more than happy to check out a car in my area, take some pic, post the pics or email them to the potential bidder/buyer. I DO think the idea is a good one, just thought I'd throw out my cautionary note -- sorry if I sounded negative, I guess that's my suspicious nature showing through.... :(

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention my other "concern" -- if you post a "can you look at this for me" thread, someone who is looking for the same kind of car might just get there first and out bid you...I'm sure my paranoia is now showing through loud and clear! :(

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I just posted a suggestion in one of the threads -- seems like we have lots of people who do their own welding (not me, though) so maybe it would help them if there was a Welding Section so they could help educate people like me and help each other at the same time....

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Okay, I agree...Metal Fabrication and Repair it is! Sorry, I was just being dense!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I might have some patchin' up with Ted, though... hope he understands that I wasn't making a personal attack.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah sure!

MikeKy55 said:
If anyone see's something lacking here at Trifive or if you feel something should be added to make the site even more helpful, please speak up. Trifive is intended to be as much a help as possible to all members. All suggestions will be considered. Thanks
Yeah that's what it needs, add more to it, the page is so busy now that we old fa---s can't figure where anytrhing is. It's like being in a bathroom with wall paper that looks like toilet paper on a roller. Get it?

Stanford

·
Registered
12 Posts
Gee Old Mike!

1957chevy said:
I just posted a suggestion in one of the threads -- seems like we have lots of people who do their own welding (not me, though) so maybe it would help them if there was a Welding Section so they could help educate people like me and help each other at the same time....
Get a welders hand book by Richard Finch, it is a real good detective story.
It's got guys like Mig, Tig, Arc and some broad named Oxyacetylene
You'll like it.
Older Ron

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Thanks for the book suggestion, Ron.

Also, I've heard others say that this site is 'busy' but I don't really know what they mean by that -- I understand your toilet paper analogy, but I don't see how it applies to this site. Maybe this is what you could do (like I do)...find the New Posts link at the top of the page and use that one every time you log in. Plus, use the 'remember me' feature (or whatever it is they call it here) so you don't have to log in every time. Then, with the site book marked in your browser, all you have to do is click on the book mark to go to the site, then you'll already be logged in so all you need to do is click on New Posts and awaaaaaay you go!

Now, why did it take an entire paragraph for me to explain that? I guess I'm just overly verbose, wouldn't you say?

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I have another suggestion -- could you put the Assembly Manuals link in the "Links" menu?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts