Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A gentleman would like to trade me his 55 buick for my 56 chevy. I know some of you may be biased because this is a tri five site but I have been flip flopping the past few days. My 56 is full of bondo and rust. Frame has been repaired floors are shot and the interior is pretty much non existant and the buick is done all around with zero rust or bondo good paint and a new interior(tuck and roll). What would you do?

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Trade! Then sell, or trade again for a better tri five!!:)

·
Premium Member
10,910 Posts
I think that you have to go with your gut feeling. If you'd be happy with the trade, go for it.

Ray

·
Registered
67,405 Posts
only you can make that choice. do it if will make you happy. :anim_25:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I traded a 57 chevy for a nicer 61 impala which I always liked but when I went to my first car show and watched a 57 pull in ( which was pretty rough) my heart dropped and the 61 was in the auto trader that next week. My advice...for what;s it worth is to compared both cars to current market value and judge from there ... meaning if your unhappy with the Buick could you get good money or is the reaon he wants to trade is because he can't sell it. Also, if 56 chev could sell for decent money and your not real happy with it, sell it save money and get something nicer.
One of my favorite cars had rust, bondo and a weird smell in the trunk...but if it not had been totaled I'd still have it. Goodluck!

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
If your 56 is what you say it is I would GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!This is how you work your way up the ladder to eventually getting what you do want!

·
Registered
772 Posts
A gentleman would like to trade me his 55 buick for my 56 chevy ... My 56 is full of bondo and rust. Frame has been repaired floors are shot and the interior is pretty much non existant and the buick is done all around with zero rust or bondo good paint and a new interior(tuck and roll). What would you do?
One has to ask, why does he want to trade?

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
If it's a hardtop, I'd trade in a heartbeat.

What a beauty they can be.

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Trade! Then sell, or trade again for a better tri five!!:)
Yup, What will said goes for me too:party0031: Later, Dave

·
Registered
839 Posts
Those Buick are great cars. I'd trade. if it feels right in your gut, do it. It seems like you have some reservations though. I love the tri fives, but I have traded for other makes, that helped me end up with what I really wanted. Always go with your better judgement. Every time I Don't, I regret it. You will know what is right. Just because your car is rusty and might be a bondo buggy doesn't mean it's a bad car if you like it and it makes you feel good.:anim_25:

·
Premium Member
5,338 Posts
I like 55 Buicks too! I got one waiting patiently. I am getting tired of looking at it sitting.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts