Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm wanting to fit bigger disc brakes to the 57 and was wondering if anyone had a template for a bracket to fit to the original 57 stub axle.
I have HQ disc's on it at the moment but wanted to go to around the 320mm disc diameter.

Mal

·
Registered
222 Posts
have you tried hoppers stoppers?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi
I have HQ Holden Discs and calipers on my 57. They were supplied and fitted by a Rod Builder here in Auckland NZ. Dave McDougle D & V Autos Hot Rod Engineering
Ph 64 9 412 7917

He has brackets that bolt the HQ to the chevy spindle.
Cheers

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've tried a couple of brake places but there all the same, if your not interested in buying a complete kit then they don't want to talk to you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi
I have HQ Holden Discs and calipers on my 57. They were supplied and fitted by a Rod Builder here in Auckland NZ. Dave McDougle D & V Autos Hot Rod Engineering
Ph 64 9 412 7917

Cheers
Did Daves kit alter the offset at all? I'm still running drums on my 56 but am getting sick of adjusting them (must be getting old!) so I am considering an HQ conversion.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm currently working on a full front and rear replacement brake setup for my 57. All my original plans went out the door when I thought this would be a good time to add a pair of Heidts drop spindles. Bearings different, offset different.
Found that the drop spindles were going to add to the track measurement so I'm working on a new setup using early corvette hubs. Fair bit of stuffing around and when its finally done I'll put a complete "how I did it" on my build post.

Cheers

Mal

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi
Ph 64 9 412 7917

Cheers
Hey Kiwi,
Doing a HQ disk set up for my 57............have the calipers rotors and new braket to adapt, but was wondering what bearings should be used for the stock stub axles and HQ rotors..........and special code/brand you would suggest
Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts