1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Aussie desert coolers in Victoria

·
Premium Member
4,731 Posts
Aussie Desert Leakers - you'll rack up some frequent flyer points returning it for reapirs, again and again,and again and...........

Cheers, Des
What he said.

Norm is a nice guy, and supports all the events etc., but the management of that business is a mess.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Sorry mate I was on the phone when I posted it and didnt finish my post.

Rocket industries. They had them in stock but I dont know if they have anymore. Give them a call.

$2500.00 for everything except the u shaped part of the core support which is my original one. Also the top cross bar is in that price but it is sold seperatly so it is about $250.00 cheaper without it.
It comes with twin fans and also the controller for the fans.

http://www.rocketindustries.com.au/
Here is a shot of the fans. Man those pipes look ugly. Lucky I have a brand new ceramic coated pair to go on.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Aussie Desert Leakers - you'll rack up some frequent flyer points returning it for reapirs, again and again,and again and...........

Cheers, Des
That's a pity to hear that. he's an Aussie and as Des said he supports a lot of events. I hope he gets his act together

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry mate I was on the phone when I posted it and didnt finish my post.

Rocket industries. They had them in stock but I dont know if they have anymore. Give them a call.

http://www.rocketindustries.com.au/
Unfortunately they don't do cooling systems at the moment so it's back to square one. I contacted a couple of vendors on Evil Bay but they couldn't even tell me if their 57 listed radiators would fit in the 6 cylinder position or even if they were good enough for a Big Block so best be keeping away from them.

·
Registered
100 Posts
DeWitts

Dean,

DeWitts Radiators in the USA have an exceptional record amongst the Corvette community and I can't imagine that they would not make one for your car. They're not cheap, but then you don't want a cheap radiator, do you?

Regards from Down Under. :bowtieb:

aussiejohn

·
Registered
10 Posts
Last year I replaced the ADC radiator in my '57 with a Brown's Radiator. Best money I have spent on my car in 16yrs. Also have Brown's radiator's in my other 2 cars as well.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Last year I replaced the ADC radiator in my '57 with a Brown's Radiator. Best money I have spent on my car in 16yrs. Also have Brown's radiator's in my other 2 cars as well.
Thanks 57 HEVN, did he make it for you or is it a universal one ? I need one to go in front of the radiator support as there is no room in the V8 position because of the Big Block.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There made to suit and are mounted in the 6cyl position. There's a few '57s here in Perth using them. Pretty sure I've got some pics on my home computer i can post up later if you like ?

Marty

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There made to suit and are mounted in the 6cyl position. There's a few '57s here in Perth using them. Pretty sure I've got some pics on my home computer i can post up later if you like ?

Marty
Thanks Marty, I would like to see what they look like.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have a adc in my car. I can say Norm is a good bloke but the radiator is... well... in the car anyway. But great customer care and he got it right eventually
Try PWR.
And Browns in Perth is first class.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dean, I don't actually have any pics of mine but it is exactly the same as Darren's setup in these pics :
chev 57 radiator package 2.jpg

chev 57 radiator package 3.jpg

chev 57 radiator package 4.jpg

GMDAY2012 045a.jpg

This setup has the twin AU fans hidden. This package is not a cheap setup and as ozhardtop said, it is 1st class and you get what you pay for.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts