Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to my Resto Mod build thread. Recently purchased an imported 55 hardtop 265/3 speed. Already at the frame off stage, working on an LS1, ported 243 heads, fitting crow cam 220/225 .555/.562 lift. 114 lsa. Bronze trunnions, pump, crow timing gears and chain, 36lb injectors, Holley front acc kit. Hydro boost. 9” 3.5 31 spline, 4 link. 18x8, 18x10. 4 wheel disc. Flaming River PS Rack. Sway bars, CCP a arms,
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
First job was to change the large bumper over riders with my own low profile versions using Stainless tube bends.
I already had a new rear one piece bumper, just not a smoothie, front chrome was good enough. Search for over riders but seems only the stock ones exist. So here is my front and rears done

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Grille

Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Bumper

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This was the start of the head clean up. Nothing radical just straightening the flow path, guide support trim, rocker stud casting minimising, tiny change to just one side of the swirl ramp. Open out the seat throats to 90 and 87% new seat cuts with 625 lift beehive springs. And GM performance high rpm lifters
Automotive tire Light Wheel Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Plans for the body during rust repairs, will be to remove most of the side trim, leaving just the rear quarter spear, weld up the fuel door as long as I can design a functional rear tail light door, leave the roof white, but re colour the body all red, no 2 tone. new Gypsy Red respray with added orange pearl, and cover in matte clear, with gloss white roof.

· Premium Member
VC56S
225 Posts
very nice car!
those bumper guards covers on the front look fantastic,
much better than the huge originals,
although the front doesn't look bad with just the polished stainless carriage bolts hold the 3 pieces together,
thaks for sharing the pics

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here is another part I was going to install, had a spare floor shift from my 46 panel. Scrounged up a short rod, and as the old black anodising had turned blue on the knob, (lol) I decided to change its shape to match an old brass door knob I had. So I spun it up in the lathe, and textured the outer edge, Then I made brackets to mount it into the dash where the Air vent levers were, but while playing with its covers I broke the housing, SO had to make a new one from alloy plate and TIG welded together, powder coated satin black. Stitched up a boot to fill the slot and tadah. All done. But now I have a new column auto so this goes in the save it for next build bin. Would have been cool to have dash mounted shifter,
Light Product Automotive tire Wood Audio equipment
Hood Automotive lighting Bumper Bicycle saddle Fender
Hood Automotive design Chair Floor Wood

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Bumper Gadget

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hydroboost off a C/k 1500 van arrived this week via Summit. 5 days delivery to Downunder. , after Amazon delayed my order for 6 weeks because their stock level Was not as advertised, but no message.
Engineering Gas Auto part Machine Composite material

· Premium Member
VC56S
225 Posts
Got adventurous today, decided to remove the front clip, and start on the new fire wall. Ordered a Rain Gear wiper conversion that mounts on the pedal box, so no more cable wiper
View attachment 386516
looking good,
thanks for the pics,
those home made bumper guards are over the top!
Now i'm wondering what I could do to make the originals smaller?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts