Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know of any good auto auction houses in the US ?

still looking for a 2005 -2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD might be a good place to find one at the right price !

i will be conming to America late August , so anywhere from California to Tennassee thanks in advance !!!

Wayne.

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Welcome in advance. Where are you going to be staying/living while you're here? If you're planning to buy a truck I presume you must be staying for a while. Will you be in one place?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi John , Motel 6 ? , i will be coming for about three weeks i just want to buy a Silverado to drive while there ( cost of rental cars ) and ship it back to Australia when i leave . i will be doing a lot of traveling i am planning on driving to Tennessee to a car show over there .

Wayne.

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
That should be fun. As others have said, there are so many trucks available here, that you can probably find one for sale in the airport parking lot. I'd bring cash, and be prepared to deal on the spot in whichever City you're flying into and I think you should be able to drive it away that day. Where are you landing?

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
LAX or San Fran ! going to Good guys Pleasnton first up !
That's a great car show in August. If I'm lucky and the wife gives me a hall pass, I'll be there myself...probably with one or both kids. I'll keep an eye out in the Bay Area for a truck.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Wayne, there is a auction house here in Chattanooga Tn. called Chattanooga Auto Auction. They handle the sale of many goverment vehicles some of which are very low milage. I bought a truck from it before and have been to several of them. Some of them still looked new inside and out, never before titled with low miles. If you contact them ask for a print out of up and comming G.S.A listings. They were holding the G.S.A sale on every other tuesday.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Troy " Thats what im talking " about good info :congrats: , there must be a lot of these throughout the US , if anyone goes to any of these type auctions can you keep an eye out what 2007 - 2500HD diesal , crew or extrended cabs sell for ,

Wayne
PS . Troy is that a problem with no title ? or would i just need to apply for a title ,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts