Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chrome exchange od rear window chrome

I am looking to replace the side windows on my 55 2dt ht. the rear chrome window moldings need to be rechromed, does anyone know who does an exchange of these parts?

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts
I am looking to replace the side windows on my 55 2dt ht. the rear chrome window moldings need to be rechromed, does anyone know who does an exchange of these parts?
Almost any chrome shop will be able to replate your window frames if the metal is in good shape. I don't know of any that will have them to exchange. You can get reproduction frames with or without the glass already installed. ..... http://www.classicchevy.com/chevy-quarter-window-frames-2-door-hardtop-1955-1957.html

·
Administrator
50,547 Posts
Not sure on an exchange but you might want to check with www.autocityclassic.com . They sell it with the glass already installed i believe.
Terry

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Auto city classic

Has anyone bought glass in new frames from AutoCity Classics? I checked their web and product looks good and price is good,,,,,, my question is quality and fit for my 55 2d ht.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Has anyone used or heard of someone who purchased and installed windows from Auto City Classics???
Looks good and is a fair price, but need to know if the chrome frames with Glass in them are what they say they are!!!!!

Rharley

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.