Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good friend of mine who is a little computer shy ( I am doing my best to get him on this site ) has a 56 Bel Air with a 57 9 inch ford stock rear installed and was wondering if anyone could give him any hints on backspacing? He would like to run the widest 15 inch wheel that he possibly can without rubbing issues. Any help would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
7,488 Posts
Rear End

If the springs are inside the frame rails and the 57 in your message is the drum to drum measurement, and the rear is centered in the frame he should be able to run 10" rear wheels. but I don't remember the back spacing to use with this combo. I saw a article a few years ago where they put a 57" housing in a 56 with 10" wheels.:anim_25:

·
12,256 Posts
Need to know the wheel mounting width of the rearend, whether the springs are in the stock location or inboard, and whether the car is minitubbed or has stock wheelwells.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wheel spacing

Thanks a bunch guys, I have forwarded this info to him and the link to the chart. I know that he has stock springs, not sure of the distance hub to hub of his rear I will get more info and post it if he has not got it figured out yet. I really appreciate the help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts