Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Muncie 4-speed.Has anyone anything---- or picture of how this ...is...or ...was done stock 55. Would 3-speed be the same setup?thanks bob s

·
Registered
382 Posts
There was an article in Hemings Muscle Machines on the back up switch for 4 speed Muncie page 66 February 2019 issue

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could i ask you? -where ..as i have no experience with early Camaros.Where i might pick one up like yours? thank you Farm Boy bob s ~~~~~[I am from farm]stock too.:blowtiedb:

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Backup lights

Hurst sells a switch to mount on 4-speeds. I bought one but don't remember part number.

Dangerous Joe :viking:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Could i ask you? -where ..as i have no experience with early Camaros.Where i might pick one up like yours? thank you Farm Boy bob s ~~~~~[I am from farm]stock too.:blowtiedb:
Rick's Camaro's has all 5 parts that make up the GM switch (Part #: 33-180928-1, 33-182597-1, 33-179964-1, 33-180954-1, and 33-180927-1). These parts together total $128 which is rather pricey. A less expensive alternative is Part #: 33-183992-1, which is an aftermarket design that bolts onto a Hurst shifter.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Muncie 4-speed.Has anyone anything---- or picture of how this ...is...or ...was done stock 55. Would 3-speed be the same setup?thanks bob s
Check out Corvette C3 reverse light switches if you want to keep it all GM.

I made a reverse light switch years ago using a Motorcycle rear brake light switch which has the pull spring on the end to activate it.

Mount the switch on the side cover, and drill a small hole in the lever for the spring.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts