Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
RIP: 12-31-2011
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently after alot of research bought a fiberglass front for my 57 from a company called Unlimited Products. Their add says," For the best in top quality best fit choose Unlimited. Well let me just say that for the front end I got, their slogan is way off. First after a $55. crating charge the front end arrived in a mangled cardboard box. When I removed the front end from the box I was horrified at the scratches and gouges on the finish. Then I noticed that in several places I could see through the gelcoat. If you put your hand behind the front end you could see your hands shadow. The edges looked as if a 5 year old had trimmed them with a dull knife. When I placed the front end on the car it didn't even come close to fitting. With the hood sitting on the cowl, the fenders were 2 inches in the air yet. Needless to say I called and asked to return the front end. I was told they would send me paperwork to return it. That was 3 weeks and 3 phone calls ago. It is now in the hands of the credit card company. My advice to everyone on Trifive is to stay away from this company.
This is the 55 dollar crate.

This is the lip above the driver side tire.

This is the lip above the bumper on the passenger side.

Notice the ripples where the hood joins the fender.

Notice the dent in the fender.

In closing I would like to say that I've bought fiberglass parts before and I always expect a certain amount of work to get them in shape for paint. But this front end is pure garbage.
Rick

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Wow! I know absolutely nuttin' about fiberglass and even I could do a better job than that.:confused0006:

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
I bought an L-88 hoodscoop for my Camaro from them about 25 years ago and was very dissatisfied with the shape and fit.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thier reputation has been in the toilet for years now. Try U.S. Bodysource. They do a 1piece for a 57. I bought my doors from Glasstek a couple'a years ago and was very pleased. Not sure if they do a 57 nose or not.

·
Registered
37,977 Posts
"They sucked twenty five years ago. It's a wonder they're still in business."

"Their reputation has been in the toilet for years now."

Amen. Good luck on getting your money or some of it back.

Almost any other way (including no fenders or hood at all) is a better way. Too bad you didn't ask before buying.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I'm afraid your gonna have to make as much noise in there area as possible. I got stung last Christmas on some art work I had bought for my wife. It never arrived, I called and called, sent several emails. I contacted the Better Business Bureau. They are slow but aventuly did get to me. I called there local police and they told me to contact my local police, so I did. I got the, " Don't know what I can do" I said call them a scare the crap out of them. You know what, That evening I had an email stating I package would be shipped the next day with 2 extra unframed prints for their delay.

It worked for me. Good luck

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Both Glasstek and US Bodysource offer complete one piece 57 chevy frontends. Only wish they would show pictures of the 57 front end on their web sites.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have never heard anything good (or even neutral) about Unlimited's quality.

Glasstek is supposed to be really good.

·
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good luck on getting your money or some of it back.
The credit card company already took it off my bill. Since i called the credit card company a week ago I now have the return paperwork in my hands. Amazing how fast things move when the money stops!
Rick

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
use credit wisely

always you credit when dealing with a company you don't know well and all higher dollar items, as you said money talks.

·
Registered
37,977 Posts
"The credit card company already took it off my bill."

Good show. You probably did it the only way it could be done.

I hope anyone else considering these guys reads this. They have a 25-30 year rotten reputation.

·
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just an update. After repeated trys Unlimited finaly sent me the return paperwork. Now i'm waiting for the authorization to return the front end to them. Now their silent again. It's been 3 weeks since I sent the paperwork back to them. and still no word. I have informed them that if it goes past Oct 31st that I am going to start charging them storage for the space the front end is taking up. I already have 2 certified body men who are willing to testify that the front end is pure junk and cannot be used at all. If it comes down to it I may be looking for a lawyer to get these fools moving.
Rick

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
bill them !!

Just an update. After repeated trys Unlimited finaly sent me the return paperwork. Now i'm waiting for the authorization to return the front end to them. Now their silent again. It's been 3 weeks since I sent the paperwork back to them. and still no word. I have informed them that if it goes past Oct 31st that I am going to start charging them storage for the space the front end is taking up. I already have 2 certified body men who are willing to testify that the front end is pure junk and cannot be used at all. If it comes down to it I may be looking for a lawyer to get these fools moving.
Rick
I'd be sending them a bill for $100 per month every month . Money talks

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I'd be sending them a bill for $100 per month every month . Money talks
if you re-packed this front end I'd charge them for my work. They did.

·
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I not only had to repack it, I had to fix their box.
Rick

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
If they did..

Both Glasstek and US Bodysource offer complete one piece 57 chevy frontends. Only wish they would show pictures of the 57 front end on their web sites.
the pics would look like the pics of the Mickey D's sandwiches U C on TV! Once you open the box..NO COMPARISON!!:D

·
Registered
303 Posts
Yep, I got burned a couple years ago on a six-pac type hood scoop for a gasser project. I could not believe how bad it was. I think just sitting on the shelf, it sagged and cracked due to lack of fiberglass and poor quality. Good luck, and sorry to hear what happened.
Kurt

1 - 20 of 39 Posts