Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure about your state but here windshield (comprehensive ins.) claims do not affect your rates. It's a cheap add-on to the policy.
It does here. Some states the deductible doesn't even apply on comprehensive but of course Missouri it does and my comp is 750 deductible.

· Administrator
50,668 Posts
Had a pickup pass me a few months back and slung a rock that hit the passenger side of my windshield. Got it inspected a month later and nothing was said, so i`m letting it ride until it gets a lot worse.
Terry

· Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had a pickup pass me a few months back and slung a rock that hit the passenger side of my windshield. Got it inspected a month later and nothing was said, so i`m letting it ride until it gets a lot worse.
Terry
mine has already spread about 3" in 3 directions and hit hard enough there's a pin hole to the inside

· Registered
629 Posts
Terry
if you take a glass cutter and score a small line perpendicular to the crack about 1/8" past the crack it will stop it from cracking any more . when it gets to the score it will then stop .

· Administrator
71,756 Posts
The crack will continue unless you try something suggested by rodonnell, we have glass companies here that if caught before the crack spreads they inject a resin so it looks like a pin prick.

· Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The crack will continue unless you try something suggested by rodonnell, we have glass companies here that if caught before the crack spreads they inject a resin so it looks like a pin prick.
took it by Safelite yesterday and they said it's too deep to repair and has ran too much. can't guarantee it.
Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Automotive design Window

· Premium Member
1,307 Posts
As the saying goes, If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all. Bummer Shadetree. I know here in Pa That type of damage is covered under Comprehensive (with a deductible usually) and a glass claim does NOT go against you. Might be worth checking with your insurance co.

· Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As the saying goes, If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all. Bummer Shadetree. I know here in Pa That type of damage is covered under Comprehensive (with a deductible usually) and a glass claim does NOT go against you. Might be worth checking with your insurance co.
It does in Missouri and 750 deductible. Windshield is a little over 900 bucks so I pay 750, insurance pays around 200 AND my rates go up.

· Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Well that stiinks, I was an insurance agent for 43 years after just retiring last Summer. WE paid a LOT in glass claims in replacement and repair around here. In PA it was a law that ins co's could not ding ya on the rates. Knowing how often it happens and expensive it is. I feel your pain. Sometimes we "accused" the glass co's saying they were spreading ball bearings on the roads when business got slow.

· Registered
1,164 Posts
Well, I don’t think this will make you feel any better but last year Safelite came to my house and replaced my pick up windshield and the windshield in my wife’s jeep. So it could be worse….

· Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, I don’t think this will make you feel any better but last year Safelite came to my house and replaced my pick up windshield and the windshield in my wife’s jeep. So it could be worse….
yeah the closest safelite to me is in Jonesboro AR. about an hour so they won't come here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts