Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just installed tall 6004 springs and the e bay spacers and when I let the car down the springs dont compress at all ,the upper control arm sits down on the rubber bumper and I even trimmed the bumper down about 1 inch.My question would be is this the way is supposed to sit with this set up or should the control arm be up off of the upper bumper stop?Thanks for your imput...john..Oh its a 57 chevy with small block.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,805 Posts
Stock are 17", if thats any help :confused0006:

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
My first question is, do you have the engine, transmission and front sheet metal installed... Without those the springs will not compress...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
engine and trans and front end are on but no bumper,think i have to cut the springs down a coil?that would make it about 18 in

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have just installed tall 6004 springs and the e bay spacers and when I let the car down the springs dont compress at all ,the upper control arm sits down on the rubber bumper and I even trimmed the bumper down about 1 inch.My question would be is this the way is supposed to sit with this set up or should the control arm be up off of the upper bumper stop?Thanks for your imput...john..Oh its a 57 chevy with small block.

:wavey:
Iv'e got the tall springs and the ball joint spacers on my 56
and yes the rubber bumper is smashed from the upper control arm.
Other than that issue everything else is all good.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I had the same problem when i attempted this setup. I wish I had your answer but I just could not get it to work for me. I ended up getting the sawzall out and going the straightaxle route. I hope you can figure it out or someone here can help. The obstacle that made me change my mind and go straight axle was the fact that my shocks were not even close to being able to fit, there was some serious interference with the bend of the coils. I triple checked that my coils were seated properly and tried cutting a coil off.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I believe you need to remove the piece that is riveted to the frame there for this reason, I could be wrong......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts