Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ball joints cheap at 15 bucks or moog at 45 bucks ? or are the moogs make in china also, just looking for a quality item, want it to last more than a week.

How about the ball joints and the bushings in the tubular a arms ? replaced with better or run with what came with it ? thanks :bowtier:

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
How much is your life worth ?
I like to save money as much as anybody else. However when it comes to critical chassis components, paying more for the quality brands is better. Yes, USA made is generally better. However, even Chinese made parts have different levels of quality and that all Chinese parts are not junk. So, stick with a brand name (like Moog or others) that has a reputation for quality, and your chance of getting a part that will not suddenly fail on you, will give you much more piece of mind.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
48,704 Posts
Got my Moogs from Rock Auto.....Wouldn't trust anything else.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Get the Moog from Rockauto, not the Raybestos. Moog are from China, they all are from China but Moog has quality control in place, the cheap ones don't give a hoot.

1,313 Posts
If you want cheap lol send me your shipping address I have a brand new set on a cheap set of Chinese made lower control arms that I just bought and I'm putting a new set of moogs on them before I install them.
There free + flat rate USPS shipping cost.

Rocky

For what it's worth most all steel comes from china weather parts are made in USA or not.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I got less than 2000 miles out of a set of the "chi-com" ones, pure junk! Moog is the only ones I install on my cars now.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^that's what i was thinking, no good, no last, we are left in the lurch as Americans, couldn't even buy a cup for a master cyl, got lucky, shop had a box full from year 2000 found 2, after that buy a wheel cly to get a cup, cup was paper thin, mmm, chi commie mommie. ugh :anim_25:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I hate to say it but you'll be lucky to find a genuine moog ball joint inside that moog box for your tri five. Not going to mention vendor name because they could've sourced it from somewhere else; I got moog boxes, but they were not moog parts when I rebuilt the suspension on our wagon. It's even possible that moog is outsourcing. Amongst other duties, I do suspension work for my day job and I install nothing but moog and I regularly see overseas parts, sealed in plastic with a non-moog part number, in a moog box. Are they having troubles supplying the demands for every car maker? Not sure, but as a general rule you will see the MOOG brand on the dust boot and "MOOG problem solver" stamped on the component if it's genuine. They'll still stand behind it warranty-wise, but like most here I only want to do the job once, not every couple-thousand miles. With all that hot air being said, I'd still get the best you can find and pass on the cheap stuff, it's not worth skimping with suspension components.
JM$.02

·
Registered
457 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts