Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1487 Posts

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those that have been following my build thread sorry I deleted it due to me switching my picture hosting site and all my pics disappeared. I’ve been working over the last couple weeks to put it back up and finally finished it . If I missed something that was there before let me know and I’ll put it back.
Here is what I started with.
1958 Chevy Big Window I only bought it for the cab. I bought it from a guy that kept it
in a trailer park.

So I’ll start with the frame I install a Mustang II, 4 link and c-notched the rear of the frame.

I made a frame rotisserie out of two engine stands to get the frame ready for paint.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
8.5 Chevy Rearend Narrowed to 58 inches (mounting point to mounting point) with moser housing ends and axles.

4 Link install.

I had to modify the caliper bracket and the axles retainer to install my disc brakes. Here is what I came up with.

The rearend completed . I cut those micky mouse ears off the rearend to make it clear the bed floor and it also looks better.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
There was extensive rust damage on this cab but I wanted a big window cab and I had to have it.lol I should have waited because I ended up building a cab.lol I had to replace both cab corners, the steps and rockers, floors, and the roof.
Cab corners replaced

Steps replaced

Floor replaced

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After all this work I knew what I really wanted was a 55-56 truck. I have a 55 210 and I always wanted twins.lol

I decided to change the front clip to a 55. How it came about was a friend challenged me to fix some terrible 55 fenders and they came out nice so I said why not.
55 Fenders

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Bam, always like looking at your work. You make it look easy. I have a 57 stepside pickup Napco conversion 4x4 just waiting till the 57 BelAir is done. I really like the stance of your truck, I bet it will look every bit as nice as your 55.

Keep up the good work.
you california guys with your good weather.... every picture looks 75 degrees and sunny. How would it be? :)

Gil

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Bam, always like looking at your work. You make it look easy. I have a 57 stepside pickup Napco conversion 4x4 just waiting till the 57 BelAir is done. I really like the stance of your truck, I bet it will look every bit as nice as your 55.

Keep up the good work.
you california guys with your good weather.... every picture looks 75 degrees and sunny. How would it be? :)

Gil
Thank you sir but its not easy.lol Its not rocket science either its just plain old hard work. If people are willing to put in the time anybody can do it.

You are right Cali weather is amazing. Can you say all year rodding weather.lol Good luck with your builds also.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
You're a very talented man Bam, that's going to be a fine Ride.

·
Registered
66,313 Posts
thanks for pics and updates. looks great, nice work bam. :five:

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Bam Bam the man

Hey that ride is really coming together. You ae doing an awesome job and thanks so much for keeping us posted!

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You're a very talented man Bam, that's going to be a fine Ride.
Thanks you, and I hope so lord knows I've put a lot of time, money and love into this thing.
thanks for pics and updates. looks great, nice work bam. :five:
Carl thank you for caring to see the old rust bucket. You always have nice comments and its much appreciated. It really is. Once again thanks

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Hey that ride is really coming together. You are doing an awesome job and thanks so much for keeping us posted!
Thanks man, but its only coming together to be taken completely apart again for paint. Thanks alot for the comment.

Man, you have done a great job on that truck. :congrats:
Aw it's alright. Its just an old piece of junk I'm trying to make into something.lol Thanks Jay

1 - 20 of 1487 Posts