Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After posting my "Finally on the road" thread, I started thinking of how much I like to see the "barn finds/field finds" and other pictures of cars that people aquire or run across.

This one sat for 22 years in a building before a stroke of luck brought it out of hiding and up for sale. It belonged to the grandson of the origonal owner! Along with the car, I recieved the purchasing contract from the dealership along with maint. records of the car since new!

I, like alot of others love to see the diamonds in the rough.

Please post pictures of your discovered treasures or other pictures of the "No, it's not for sale... I'm going to fix it up some day." photos.

I know they are out there, lets share them along with a short blurb on the basic details of your find.

For more pictures of my '55 210 in it's current state, visit the "Finally on the road" thread posted on 11 August 2010.

Seamist210
"Mont"

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I must get a little more excited about this stuff than others, either that or this topic has been done before.

Last fall I went to look at a '55 post among a large car collection.

This '59 Ragtop 348 4 barrel, sits in central NE. It would take a good day to get it excavated, if it was for sale.

'51 Pontiac was not for sale either.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
I love seeing cars sitting like that too. I just don't run across them very often. So, it's nice to see what others have wandered into. Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
50 Posts
this is the first time ive posted pics so i hope it works.
heres a few ive come across in my travels, these were in san antonio. there were about 8 cars all up, mainly tri fives, a t bird and a 61 bubble top

texas 024.jpg

texas 026.jpg

texas 028.jpg

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Divco..milk fresh from the barn..I mean dairy.

I like the photos of cars in dusty undisturbed condition.
Some would say I'm a little left of center...:D

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin Trifive Leaders Club
6,152 Posts
Here is a sad one...This fellow south of me had his entire car collection in a huge wooden building. What a loss!

See if you can identify these cars and what happened.
Is that ....uuum should I say Was that a 34 3w coupe ?
and did the roof collapse before,during or after the fire ?? :confused0006:
Sad ....that guy has a serious collection of desirable steel (if your that way inclined !)

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin Trifive Leaders Club
6,152 Posts
Here's a sad sight :eek:

even the sheep look sad about it !

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The guy that had the fire must have had 20 to 30 '30-'40 Ford stuff, piles of hoods and grilles, all melted. I'lm sure the roof collapsed at some point Jesse but the heat must have been absolutly intense to do what it did.

The auction was interesting, '34 ford cabrolet for $1,000, '39 coupe for $100. I don't know what you would do with them other than use them to make people ghast in horror.

Love Mike's picture of the '57 convert.

Jesse, the '55 4 door looks like it's in a peacefull resting place. I'd love to visit New Zeland some day. I served with some "Kiwis" durring my Military career, great people!

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Mine was left to his grandson who did not want it. I am the second owner which is cool. The grandfather got every penny out of the car it had a locked up motor and the trans wsr toast, but it was all there and to top things off someone broke out the back glass before we picked it up. It has a good home and life is good.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts