Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy's, do most of you run your rear mount battery cable inside or outside of the frame rail? I'm using 2/0. Thanks T.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I haven't done it yet, but am hoping to run mine inside the frame and put the cable in 1/2" plastic flex ENT conduit if I can get it in there. I have a seamless frame and hope I can snake it through. If my battery ever dies and I have to buy a new one, I am going to get an Optima and put it in the trunk. It may be a while....I hate to replace a perfectly good battery. Maybe I will get lucky and it will die soon, if that is lucky. :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
48,728 Posts
My frame is a 2pc. frame and it has a lot of bracing on the inside. Was going to run some line through it and decided to heck with it after awhile of trying, just not worth it to me.
Terry

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
26,422 Posts
Ran mine inside the frame. 1/0 wire covered with corragated split loom. Used an electricians snake to pull it through the frame.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hello,

Ran mine inside the frame, had to cut a section out of the top above each baffle location to make a good hole for the wire to pass.

I was happy I did it this way as 50 odd years of crap and dirt was cleaned out of the internals at the same time.

My original holes were only 1/2 inch,

Plates weded back in place ,and wire at front.

Cheers Gary,

·
12,256 Posts
I ran mine through my frame but I installed a 1" diameter steel conduit first to protect it. I welded the conduit to the frame at both ends. You can see the back end of it in this pic just to the right of the tank....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts