Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is been talked about many times , but my bbc is in the stock location, is anybody using a normal sump pan without the cut out for the center link ? There's a pan I want that has a built in tray and scraper, but I don't want to spend the money twice... thanks, Gary

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I know this is been talked about many times , but my bbc is in the stock location, is anybody using a normal sump pan without the cut out for the center link ? There's a pan I want that has a built in tray and scraper, but I don't want to spend the money twice... thanks, Gary
I have a factory 3/4 ton truck pan with no mods to either the pan or steering linkage. My engine is in the stock location. The pan you are describing sound like aftermarket and may be different.

·
Registered
Cocke County, TN. 55 Bel Air Sport Coupe
8,792 Posts
I'm using a stock car pan... problem is I forget what car it's stock for. The steering center link just barely touches the pan in the one direction. Motor is in the stock position.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe I need to reword this, how long is the oil pan sump front to rear ? Is anybody running a pan with the sump 8" or 9" long with a r&p or standard drag link with the engine in the stock location ? thanks, Gary

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
I have a pan and pickup with the steering cutout Moroso I think $135. also have the corresponding oil pump pickup..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts