Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
I'm building an engine test stand and thinking of using a GM alum. bellhousing to bolt on the engines, one at a time.:rolleyes:

I have a stock bellhousing for 153 tooth flywheel G.M. # 3840383 , 4 5/8 center hole. If I use this, will this clear a sbc and a bbc automatic flex plate? Right now the sbc is in the machine shop and I don't have a bbc as of yet to mock up.

Any info on this? Also could use a wiring diagram if anyone has one on hand.
Will be away for a few days, will be intouch then.

Thanks

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,359 Posts
210SC....Some auto flex plates have 168 teeth....So those will not clear the 383 bellhousing.

·
Registered
36,113 Posts
The 383 bellhousing is only going to work with a 153 tooth flywheel and the starter for it.

If you have a 168 tooth combo, then you can't use it unless you put a 153 tooth flywheel and starter on it for your test stand, then swap out later. And you could certainly do that.

I'm not sure if you had a 621 or similar bellhousing made for the big flywheel, whether you could use a 153 tooth flywheel and starter, probably could but I don't know.

A Lakewood will go both ways, that's what makes me think a 621 could too.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all very much.:tu

I think I'll source out an old engine stand, that way I'll be sure to clear everything.

Better to find out this way rather than when I'm trying to mount the engine.

Thanks again, you guys are great!

Will post again to wire this thing since I'm not good with wiring. Even how simple this may be:rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts