Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering where people are setting there BBC 454 with the blower. Are we able to run the 3/4” forward and still clear the cowl and wiper motor or do you need to move further forward?
I do not want to remove the wiper motor and recess the firewall if I can help it. Not worried about the work, just prefer to keep a stock firewall.
Car is running factory frame and control arms not a straight axle. Will be running power steering manual disc brakes front and rear with a Muncie 4 speed and hydraulic throw-out bearing.
Headers are yet to be determined but most likely fender wall headers. Thanks

·
Registered
2,478 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Had a few Tri 5's
Can I ask who's engine mounts you used or did they come with the frame set up to your specs?
Or did you fabricate your own?
I purchased an AME frame with the mounts just tacked in place. I cut the tacks and moved the mounts to where I needed them and welded them in. On my other big block install I used Earle Williams mounts for 3/4 forward but I needed a touch more so I cut the plate of the mount loose and rewelded it 1/4 inch further forward. His mounts worked well, and with the slight mod I got the 1": forward.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts