Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

before cruising

4K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  BamaNomad 
#1 ·
Just a reminder to make sure that you have removed everything you have used that doesn't belong there before you go for a cruise :)

I struggle to reinsert the oil dipstick due to not enough light under the hood, so I use a torch as my aid. I must have got distracted and yep you guessed left the torch under the hood. I only realized days later when I needed the torch, back tracking I found it wedged on the rocker covers, could have been a lot worse lucky for me the torch still works although a little out of shape :tu

#5 ·
Just a reminder to make sure that you have removed everything you have used that doesn't belong there before you go for a cruise :)

I struggle to reinsert the oil dipstick due to not enough light under the hood, so I use a torch as my aid. I must have got distracted and yep you guessed left the torch under the hood. I only realized days later when I needed the torch, back tracking I found it wedged on the rocker covers, could have been a lot worse lucky for me the torch still works although a little out of shape :tu
Don't you mean under the bonnet?

#8 ·
My daily job is working with new cars. one-time I opened a hood and there was a one and a quarter inch Snap-on open-end wrench. I didn't have one of those until then. 25 years ago or more the guy I work with opened a hood there was a raccoon alive and it hissed at him that was back when you had room under the hood of a new car. Todd

#16 ·
That's an old breaker bar Don! :) (I have one just like it!).. :)

Thinking of varmints crawling into cars reminds me of a couple of instances when I was storing a couple of cars, including a '69 Corvette in a divorced lady's unused Garage. It was behind her house in the woods on the side of a mountain, and the lady didn't maintain her back yard, although the drive went right up to the front of the garage...

Once when I was getting the 69 Corvette out to take home and work on it, I was driving along about 70-80 along a back country road, and a tiny little mouse ran out of under the dash, and went a couple of circles in the passenger side floorboard, then back up under the dash! WHY are we scared of a tiny little mouse? Maybe it has to do with the large legged coveralls I had on? I couldn't get slowed down fast enough to pull into the drive of the next home I came to.. jumped out... opened both doors, left the engine running... HOPING that dang mouse would run out the open doors... If he did, I didn't see him, but before getting back in the car to continue driving it to my home shop, I tucked the coverall legs inside my socks... :) that eliminated the WORST thing I could think of re the mouse! :)

Another time a friend and I went to get the Corvette from that same woodsy garage to take to his house and replace the speedometer cable.. We drove it to his house, got out and he went to get his floorjack or something, and I dropped down beside the car to peek under and see how hard it was going to be to get to the trans connection for the speedo cable... While lying there beside the car on his driveway, a *SNAKE!!* dropped down off the flat floor shields under the car.. Of course I scrambled up and away and waited for the snake to crawl away...

Snakes and mice... what's a man to do? (I soon after brought both my cars home from that storage.. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.