Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a template to locate the script and crest? How do I locate them on my quarter panels? 55 2dr ht. bowtie-trifive:gba:

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Is there a template to locate the script and crest? How do I locate them on my quarter panels? 55 2dr ht. bowtie-trifive:gba:
Keep in mind the each side is different, the order of emblems that is. It would be best to obtain the hole pattern if possible rather than just the part placement. Then make a trial template before touching the car.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I have a 2dr ht that has the pattern on it. I also have the emblems coming. I was wondering if there was a template or something. I guess I will have to do it the hard way. Any ideas are appreciated. bowtie-trifive :gba:

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ray do you want me to takes pictures with a tape measure for you ,just let me know ,,wayne
Thanks Wayne, I have a parts car I can use. I just need a reference point. bowtie-trifive :gba:

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Thanks, I have a 2dr ht that has the pattern on it. I also have the emblems coming. I was wondering if there was a template or something. I guess I will have to do it the hard way. Any ideas are appreciated. bowtie-trifive :gba:
If you have access to CAD or even paper-n-pencil, make a template on paper, when perfect, retain a copy, transfer to a spare piece of sheet metal and verify emblem fit, including hole diameter(s). Then proceed to the car using the paper template copies and a spring-loaded center punch.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Reference point? You said you have parts car.
Yes, the distance from the doors are easy to obtain,but the distance from the top of the quarter panel is not so easy. It is complicated to my weak mind.:sign0020: That is why I am asking for suggestions. I know some of you have a simple answer. bowtie-trifive:gba:

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
If you have a reference car, lay a yardstick across the trunk and fender flat. Lay another yardstick up the quarter panel and measure. Maybe hold off an inch at the two sticks to make it easier. Use some masking tape or a friend to hold the one across the trunk. That will give you the vertical measurements. Like you said, the door opening is good for the horizontal.

Just an idea to put out there.......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts