Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had my first 2 rear seat passengers today.

I always have had the seat in full rear position. I'm 6'2" and the Ididit has the wheel back a ways so that works well. Anyway, I now know the passenger side of my front bench won't stay latched. I looked under and it appears to all be actuating properly, ie. when I depress the release arm on the driver side, it pulls the tang out on both sides. It just doesn't appear to have anything forcing it back in on the pass side.

It rotates down but with no force. I pushed it down manually, but it eventually worked its way back out and the seat slid back.

The release arm that sticks out the side of the seat is missing on that side but it works fine. Perhaps there is a spring that mounts under that arm?

Anyone have any pics of the underside? I'm not even sure it's a 57 bench but I think it is tri-five based on the trim panel on the bottom.

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts
When I had my first tri-5, it was always a beer can jaming the wire, that kept the right side from latching. :rolleyes:
I think there is suposed to be a spring on the latch.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I had my first tri-5, it was always a beer can jaming the wire, that kept the right side from latching. :rolleyes:
I think there is suposed to be a spring on the latch.
I always clean out the beer cans when I get home so that can't be it. However, I may put a crushed beer can in the slot to keep it from moving!

I guess I need a pic to see how it's supposed to work.

·
Administrator
49,953 Posts
The release arm that sticks out the side of the seat is missing on that side but it works fine. Perhaps there is a spring that mounts under that arm?
The release arm doesn`t stick out on the passenger side. The seat can only be adjusted from the driver side.
There should be a spring pulling the catch in i believe.
Terry

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The release arm doesn`t stick out on the passenger side. The seat can only be adjusted from the driver side.
There should be a spring pulling the catch in i believe.
Terry
That's good to know because this one has no release arm on the pass side and I thought maybe it was busted. Now if I can only see how the spring is to work so I can fix it without taking the seat out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts