Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 57 BelAir 2dr HT w/502 and Tremac 5spd. The interior presently has front buckets and rear seat with roll bar. The seats are not bad just a little old and worn along with beatup door panels. I'm thinking of redoing the interior by going back to a stock bench seat and original replacement material. My question, does anyone know if the stock bench will fit with the Tremac. I have a Hurst shifter 10.5 inch curved and offset to the left. I remember way back when I put a 4 spd in my old 57. Hurst made a shifter to fit with the bench.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Yes, A Tremec will fit a bench seat easily. The Tremec shifter plate can also be reversed to make the shifter come out even more forward way out onto the hump. The picture below shows where it comes out with the seat all the way back and stock motor and tranny mounts.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tremac

CJS57

Thanks very much for the info and pic. Do you know how much travel there is between having the seat all the way back and all the way up? I'll probaly have to heat up the Hurst shifter at the lower bend and push it forward a bit but I don't think that will be a big problem.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
The seat has about 4 or 5 inches travel total. You can just take the red shifter plate off the top of the Tremec and rotate it 180 degrees and that will move the shifter about 6" or so more forward. It is designed to do that and only takes a few minutes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts