Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
10,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Continuation from previous thread (https://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177160)

I will get Bertha ready for this Bowling Green one way or another. I have been working on the new floor and have the seat belt anchors welded in place and its 2k epoxy primed. I have been waiting on it to actually clear up here to get some serious paint work done, but it has rained for the past 2.5 weeks pretty much nonstop. The humidity has been about 95-100% the entire time and my crappy compressor can't handle the moisture. Time for a decent compressor and dryer system.

Edit: I have added my checklist from earlier to keep me focused.

Here is the list of what I have remaining to do in the next 334 days. (Blue means completed)

1. Get car back home to Auburn. (Yes, it is in Defuniak Spring FL. right now.)

Sheetmetal Work
1. Buy new one piece floor and trunk floor and install
2. Install new rockers (Jason)
3. Install and repair quarter panels
4. Repair rust / dents in roof (Jason)
5. New hood
6. New Cowl (Cowl fixed)
7. Repair dash (knee dent on pass side)
8. New trunk-to-bumper panel install and smooth into quarters
9. Align trunk lid
10. Prep and prime and paint

Glass
1. Rechrome side glass frames
2. Buy and install glass. (Vent windows done)

Wiring - install AAW kit I bought

Drivetrain
1. Get motor running (already rebuilt)
2. Prep transmission (fluid and install filler tube)
3. Turn front brake rotors (they are new, but rusted a bit in the Florida humidity)
4. Buy and install gas tank (lines are already run)
5. Install steering column and wheel
6. Finish routing and hanging exhaust

Interior:
1. I already have a complete kit from Gina Ciadella (modified 670 trim). It is ready to install.
2. Install wipers, radio, etc. Just enough to make it fully functional

Trim
1. Buy new bumpers (front and rear) and install.
2. Finish polishing all of side trim. I have all of it, it just needs polishing.
3. Get new taillights and install

·
Registered
68,758 Posts
nice work, looks good Eldon. :anim_25: ---------> what you do after lunch?

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
10,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Waiting for paint to get here. :D I finished spraying the underside primer and will spray the sealer and paint tomorrow after work.

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
10,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally had good enough weather and some time off to get the floor underside painted.
2018 Toyota Thunder Blue. I hope to get the trunk floor done tomorrow.

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
10,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks! It looks more blue in this photo than it really is. Its really gray with a hint of blue. I am trying for the look of the gray convertible that was in the main arena at Nats last year. I absolutely fell in love with that car.

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
10,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was able to have a beautiful weekend to work on Bertha. I lifted the body off the chassis and rolled the frame out. I finished painting the trunk floor, let it cure, and put the main floor and trunk floor on the chassis. Its not bolted up yet, but I have the bushings in place. That was fun, cleaning up the new bushings that have been in a box for a decade now. I used Mother's Back to Black, it cleaned them up well and gave a bit of lubrication for sliding in the steel sleeves. Next is to pull those floors off again, drop the body back down on the chassis, weld in the bracing, and cut out the old floor. The trunk floor is already out so this shouldn't take long to cut. I am also cutting out the old rockers as I have those as well. I do need to prime and paint the inside of the rockers.

Attachments

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
10,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I almost forgot, I have tentatively chose the body color, it will be a single color, not two tone. The interior is a slightly modified 670 trim, the dash and other metal will be the same 2017 Toyota Thunder Gray as the floor, but the body color will be 2018 Porsche Aetna Blue.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts