Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Cardon [ ? ] for the dome light help. I cleaned the interior roof on my 55 2 dr. wagon yesterday and installed insulation with a 3M product in a grey can. General Adhesive I think. Looked great until this morning as I was leaving a warm parking lot I noticed nearly all full width pieces were hanging down. Crap. What have you had luck with.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that looks like a better match than what I tried. Hopefully someone here carries it. Thanks again.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
For over head application I would use contact cement.
Jim

·
Administrator
48,735 Posts
Fludster i use a contact adhesive in my upholstery business made for vinyl tops and headliners. Find a local shop and let them glue it up for you. Shouldn`t take very long to do.
Terry

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chevman, I think I will make a few calls. I wanted to do most of the work myself but the thought of the insulation coming loose after the headliner is in is an ugly picture. Thanks. This is a great site.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did it. Other than it being the first and hottest day of the year and getting the glue all in my hair, getting a headache from the fumes, trying to save my favorite tee shirt, it was a piece of cake. If there is a next time I will collect cans and recycle to pay someone else to do it.

·
Administrator
48,735 Posts
getting the glue all in my hair, getting a headache from the fumes, trying to save my favorite tee shirt, it was a piece of cake. If there is a next time I will collect cans and recycle to pay someone else to do it.
HAHAHA See i don`t go through that. I use a sprayer for my glue. You get used to the fumes after awhile.
Terry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts