Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1955/210
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all,
What brand trunk seal do you guys recommend for a '55 210? After the accident we replaced the sheet metal but there is currently no seal, and I'm getting higher than Capt. Kirk driving this thing.

I'm driving the car while I'm making changes and doing repairs before it gets re-squirted, so my idea is to temporarily glue it only in a few small spots just to help keep the fumes out, its terrible.

I'm sure its been covered, so if someone could please kindly direct me to a post and or MFG that would be awesome. Many thanks!
Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Car Automotive lighting Hood

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
10,416 Posts
Oh, not good! I think it changes from time to time, but the Softseal were too short at one point, some were stiff, but regardless you need a seal on that trunk lid!

·
Registered
1955/210
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, not good! I think it changes from time to time, but the Softseal were too short at one point, some were stiff, but regardless you need a seal on that trunk lid!
Oh, indeed I do. Hopefully someone has had a recent good experience that they can share.

·
Registered
37,980 Posts
T&N used to be the "go to" brand, but are no longer available. Good if you can find one.

Danchuk is at the opposite end - most say they are too hard.

Soffseal seems to usually get good reviews.

Steele, Metro, and others get mixed reviews.

TIp: use a 57 seal even on 55-56. The 57 seal is hollow. This means it will conform easier. Only difference is a 57 seal has push pins that go in holes in the trunk lid. For the 55-56 the pins are on tiny wires - just pull them out of the seal with pliers or even your bare hand.

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
10,416 Posts
To correct my above post, it was Steele that was too short, not Soffseal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts