Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 55 post car that my son wants to restore. We are going to need a trunk pan, lower quarter panel, rocker assembly, and the normal other rust prone metal.

My question is who makes the best fitting repair parts? Is anything still made in the USA by any vendor?
By reading I have found a vendor that I do not want to do business with but I cannot find any recommendations or comparisons from other companies. May be that everyone sells basically the same parts under different names?

Just trying to make a good choice on who to go with for best quality and price. Thanks Billy

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Restoration World In Ohio is pretty good to deal with. Geoff Mcentyre in Kansas is pretty reasonable. For those large parts, If you can find a dealer within driving distance of you, you can save a bit on shipping. Theres not much out there that is made in the USA. Most are by Golden Star and they are stamped in Taiwan but the fit is decent.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have a 55 post car that my son wants to restore. We are going to need a trunk pan, lower quarter panel, rocker assembly, and the normal other rust prone metal.

My question is who makes the best fitting repair parts? Is anything still made in the USA by any vendor?
By reading I have found a vendor that I do not want to do business with but I cannot find any recommendations or comparisons from other companies. May be that everyone sells basically the same parts under different names?

Just trying to make a good choice on who to go with for best quality and price. Thanks Billy
Restoration World is great to deal with good prices and service. The Golden Star panels I've bought have fit well. I just picked up a large panel a few weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
I saved a lot by making the 2hr drive from Indy to Restoration world in Dayton OH. good people to deal with bought inner & outer quarter panel from them then one of the first 56 hoods a few months later & a whole lot of small parts also the Golden Star inner panel was a perfect fit the Cars Inc. outer quarter panel made in U.S total piece of crap fit wise

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Unless you've already ruled them out, ck with OL 55/East Coast Chevy-Doylestown PA , old school and they do a "package deal" on purchase's over a certain dollar amount.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the suggestions. There were a couple of dealers I had not found yet and look promising. I agree on trying to pick up the truck shipments in person. Living in eastern Ky puts me about 3-4 hours from the closest dealers. Maybe someone will have free shipping on black Friday following Thanksgiving. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Good luck the problem big items such as quarter panels have to be shipped by freight When I picked mine up from Restoration World they had already opened the container so I could inspect it a big plus in my opinion versus taking a chance with freight companies

·
Registered
120 Posts
Good luck the problem big items such as quarter panels have to be shipped by freight When I picked mine up from Restoration World they had already opened the container so I could inspect it a big plus in my opinion versus taking a chance with freight companies
They did the same for me opened and ready to go.

·
Registered
7,239 Posts
Summit and Jegs sell new metal for these cars too
A couple times when ordering a small part, I added a body panel I'll need, just so I get free shipping. BTW, Jegs changed to a $149 order for free shipping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts