Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
9,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know what you guys think would be the best oil to run in my 454 big block.

The engine is a 454 fresh rebuild, not a drag racing engine just a nice driver.

I have about 250 miles on the engine, I have been using Shell Rotella 10/30 Standard SAE oil

So should I stay with that or switch to something else. I want the engine to last along time.

The local chevy guy recommended that I use standard sae 10/30 Pennzoil

Thanks

otis:)

·
Premium Member
1956 chevy 210 del rey sedan
14,932 Posts
valvoline 20w/50 is all I use in my big blocks

·
Premium Member
19,669 Posts
I would like to know what you guys think would be the best oil to run in my 454 big block.

The engine is a 454 fresh rebuild, not a drag racing engine just a nice driver.

I have about 250 miles on the engine, I have been using Shell Rotella 10/30 Standard SAE oil

So should I stay with that or switch to something else. I want the engine to last along time.

The local chevy guy recommended that I use standard sae 10/30 Pennzoil

Thanks

otis:)
otis
cant remember if your running roller or non roller? if running a non roller, make sure your using ZDDP :tu
It doesnt hav to be a racing engine, use good oil, like brad penn, or schaffer, joe gibbs, Im using brad penn,
these oils have the postphates<sp> zzps, and right blends, doa search on these oils if u get a chance.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
55,035 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.