Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all,
I am new in this community. I am from germany and have a 1955 Bel Air. I bought the car in Florida and took it over to germany. The car looks beautful and drives well.
The only thing is that the body is in really bad condition. A lot of rust and wholes under the car.
That is the reason, why I need a complete new or better used body to restore the car.
We are flying to the US in a few days and will cross the country.

Can you help me with good adresses for:
- junkyards, which have Bel Air 1955 bodies
- someone, who builts new bodies

Thank you very much

Markus

·
Registered
903 Posts
Is it just the floor when you say under the car if so they make replacment parts & full floors just cut out and weld in.

·
Premium Member
15,893 Posts
Hi to all,
I am new in this community. I am from germany and have a 1955 Bel Air. I bought the car in Florida and took it over to germany. The car looks beautful and drives well.
The only thing is that the body is in really bad condition. A lot of rust and wholes under the car.
That is the reason, why I need a complete new or better used body to restore the car.
We are flying to the US in a few days and will cross the country.

Can you help me with good adresses for:
- junkyards, which have Bel Air 1955 bodies
- someone, who builts new bodies

Thank you very much

Markus
Markus, The problem you are going to run into is if you find a solid 55 body it is going to be a restorable car even if a project and priced accordingly. What is your price range for a "nice" 55 body and are you looking for a 4 door or 2 door sedan or a hardtop?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Markus, The problem you are going to run into is if you find a solid 55 body it is going to be a restorable car even if a project and priced accordingly. What is your price range for a "nice" 55 body and are you looking for a 4 door or 2 door sedan or a hardtop?
Hi Bruce,
thanks for your answer. You are right, but I am looking only for the body. That means to make a project, you need much more, like all the small chrome parts, interior, engine, transmission windows, etc.
That is, why I asked about good adresses for junkyards

At the time I have no special price range. I have still started my search and I have time. That means it depends what I am finding, how is the condition and than it makes sense to talk about price.
And I am looking for a 2 door Bel Air Hardtop with Post body.

Markus

·
Banned
8,304 Posts
Post pics. and maybe we can talk you through what may be your best option before you come over here.Where and when did you buy the car you have now since I live in Florida.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Post pics. and maybe we can talk you through what may be your best option before you come over here.Where and when did you buy the car you have now since I live in Florida.
Hi ??,
what pics do you mean ?
We are flying today to California, then we travel whole the States and finally we will come to Florida and fly back from Orlando.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts