Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 55 belair that I am in the process of installing a 350 engine with a 350th trans. I used the side mount kit that bolts the bell housing to the original mount bolts. This is my first trifive, so I am learning as I go.
I want to keep the car looking as stock as possible.
I would like to know what like to know what is the best linkage to go with the stock column to the newly installed 350TH. I have been looking at the one piece rod that Danchuk and others sell. I read comments about binding issues and shift indicator does line up right.
Can someone please help with my learning curve?

·
Registered
309 Posts
I got tired of one piece rod, purchased Lokar's column shift cable set-up. have heard good things, but am currently deployed so have to wait till I get home to try it for myself...look at summit or jegs for Lokar part number: ACA-1804.. hope this helps :bowtieb:

Attachments

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,876 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got tired of one piece rod, purchased Lokar's column shift cable set-up. have heard good things, but am currently deployed so have to wait till I get home to try it for myself...look at summit or jegs for Lokar part number: ACA-1804.. hope this helps :bowtieb:
Thanks alot, I will look into it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Trans linkage

I've been following this post as I have the same dilemma, except I'm mocking up a TH200-4R. Am still 'tweaking the modified stock column for PS. My question is can the original pivot arm on the frame be used? I've search forever and can't find anyone referencing using this part. Do you have to bypass this and go to a solid rod.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,876 Posts
SJ....Not necessarily.....East Coast Chevy sells a two-piece rod that uses the original center bellcrank.....As long as your not side-mountinting the bellhousing with tubo mounts, it works good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts