Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Best paint

911 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  angs1957 
#1 ·
I am new to all this I just love my 57 that my dad passed down to me and it need a full restoration I just want to know what the best brand of paint is and clear so I know the question to ask when I get my car done. I want to paint my car red with a back top. Any suggestions I would appreciate thank you

#2 ·
I think the best brand is usually what the painter you choose likes to use. They are familiar with it and can usually show you some results. Stick with a good brand like PPG, Dupont or Valspar. The problem here in California is that most of the higher end products that those companies make are not legal to spray in CA so they try to steer you to water based paint. If the painter you are using is good with water based then I don't see a problem with it but I think it is harder to shoot.

If you are going to shoot it yourself then best thing is to just do as much research as possible. I started down that road and realized that I should let someone else do it.

If you are looking for a painter, I can recommend a good one in Orange that painted my car. I also know a good painter in San Marcos and SD (if he is still there) if you want to stay closer to you.

With all that said, I used PPG Deltron.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.