Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1956 Nomad
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking today while working on removing the paint on the nomad if everything was done correct the first time. is there a guide or something that can be referenced to ensure that things are painted correctly, correct interior stuff is installed? This car will not be a show queen, but would like to make sure that the obvious stuff is taken care of. I have looked at pictures online and seen a few variations in paint lines and such.

How far into the door jamb does the two tone reach? this car was painted with white extending about 1/2" into the jamb.

The spare tire area is painted with some black paint that is speckled, like a generic trunk paint or something. this does not seem correct at all.

the top of the lift gate drip rail is body color.

The underside of the car is just regular brown/red primer. do not think it is red oxide. I didnt plan to pull the body off again, so this probably wont get changed unless i can brush/roll on the correct color

VIN tag is painted. I have seen those painted and bare metal.

This car was originally restored by my dad with the help of his car club friends and I think some things were overlooked and rushed.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
the gutter on the liftgate should be painted. we come across original liftgates all the time with factory paint at the top.

:anim_25:

·
Administrator
66,151 Posts
There is a restores book but I don't think its only for Nomads.

The cowl tag I have seen painted & bare.

The vin tag I have only seen in bare stainless.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts