Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I am looking for advice for the best way to sell a 1957 Bel Air. It has been sitting in the garage since 1987. It was recently inherited (passed on with the estate) and I am looking for advice on how much it may be worth, and what is the best way to advertise and sell it for a fair price. It is in the Dallas, Texas area.

It has new white wall tires so that we can move it around.
The keys are currently lost, but possibly could turn up in the estate somewhere.
It has a clean title.
57BelAir.jpg

I can get you any other information that may be helpful.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Welcome Aboard!..We get this question alot here and without seeing the car up close to determine if it has rust issues its hard to put a number on it. I would suggest that you contact a local classic Auto appraiser and have them do a basic appraisal of what ya got to get a fair market price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I will look into one in my area.
For what it is worth, there is very minimal signs of rust. A little bit of surface rust on the chrome, but the floor boards, frame, etc look pretty good.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
49,411 Posts
To sell the car you are going to need to back it out of the garage and get it cleaned up, so it will present well to a potential buyer...Clean up under the hood and the interior as well....Nobody wants to buy a dirty car....Take several pics from different angles---Outside, engine compartment, interior and trunk....And even the underside, if you can.

Contacting a classic car appraiser in your area is a great idea....Also, find someone to tell you what all you have there...As in engine displacement, transmission type, etc.

Also, to get a key made is a fairly easy process...Just remove one of the door locks and take it to a locksmith...There is a four digit code on it that he/she can make a key from....All locks on the car should be the same, unless someone in the past has changed them for some reason.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To sell the car you are going to need to back it out of the garage and get it cleaned up,
Should we get it all cleaned up before we have an appraiser come out? Or can they look past all the dirt and price it fairly?

On that note, does anyone know a good classic car appraiser in the Dallas Area? Specifically, Lake Highlands area?

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
49,411 Posts
Should we get it all cleaned up before we have an appraiser come out? Or can they look past all the dirt and price it fairly?
Most definitely...I would create a good first impression

On that note, does anyone know a good classic car appraiser in the Dallas Area? Specifically, Lake Highlands area?
If one of the members does not chime in, you could do a Google search for one in your are and check out their reviews...Here's what I got: Classic car appraisal Dallas, TX area - Google Search

·
Registered
65,811 Posts
maybe get it running, a driver will be easier to sell. can put it on eBay with a reserve to test the waters. also look at completed listings there to get an idea of value.

·
Administrator
63,445 Posts
Its a desirable model, depending on or if you have any rust issues, what`s under the hood etc etc

·
Registered
263 Posts
Looking at the picture, all kinds of questions come to mind. What kind of engine and does it run? What about the transmission and rear end? What shape is the interior in ? Are there any classic car clubs in your area? Even if there are no Tri Five clubs classic car guys know how much it is worth

1 - 9 of 9 Posts