Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mr. Aldape, owner of Metal Touch Plating failed to properly complete the restoration and repair my 1957 chevy belair. My vehicle had been at his business. for approximately 6 yrs, two years lapsed before I started making payments we had rec'd for 2004 thru 2008 from tax returns and $5,000.00 in June 2008. I do have copies of bank checks given to him. His failure to employ qualified body, engine and other parts repairmen has resulted in the car not having $23,000.00 to $25,000.00 worth of work done on the vehicle. Often, I got complaints from the mechanic and repairmen for nonpayment from Mr. Aldape. At the last minute, before I was deployed to South Korea Mr. Aldape, hired 3 repairmen that do restorations on vintage cars. Because of their knowledge and their advice, I decided to remove the vehicle from his shop. Mr. Greg Gutierrez and Daniel Ramos reviewed all parts which were installed on and some were thrown in the vehicle. Mr. Ramos and Mr. Gutierrez showed us the installed brakes, which were leaking and idlearms/bushings which were not installed properly. Mr. Ramos stated that if we had driven this vehicle at 50mph, the car would have turned over and cause injury to myself and other individuals. Some of the parts which had been plated still show rust and the painting were done over rust. The vehicle will have to be redone completely. Previously, I had submitted a evidence showing amounts paid to him requesting a list of all work done on the vehicle. He never responded. During the time that the vehicle was under his supervision, some of the parts were misplaced which resulted in my having to reorder the missing parts from Danchuk. I have receipts. To this day, I have not heard from Mr. Aldape, I know some parts specifically the door panels, chrome master brake booster and the headliner were not returned back to me, which included with the parts to be installed on the vehicle. Trifive customers be aware who you hire to restore your classic chevy. By the way Mr. Aldape’s business has been rated with an “F” by the Better Business Bureau.

·
Registered
66,285 Posts
sorry that happaned to you, thanks for the info. :five:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts