Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure how many people here are old enough to know who Betty and Barney Hill are? They were the infamous couple who claimed to have been abducted by UFO alians and had a lapse of time in 1961.

When this happened they drove a blue and white 1957 Chevy Bel Air 2-dr HT. The car was actually owned by Betty and then sold to her daughter Connie. From there, where did it go? Connie has dementia and her husband died some time ago so no way of asking her. Betty died in 2004. It was located in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. Supposedly it had radioactive spots on the trunk and roof from the episode and if the car is still around, wonder if this is true?

Some auto clubs keep track of "famous" owner cars. Is anyone familiar with this one? Can PM me if you prefer.

Eric

·
Premium Member
8,575 Posts
NORM...

Supposedly it had radioactive spots on the trunk and roof from the episode and if the car is still around, wonder if this is true?
Is anyone familiar with this one? Can PM me if you prefer. Eric

Eric, I recall the story, but I'm a skeptic when it comes to UFO stuff. I think ol' Betty'n Barney just had a bad dream...:eek: Regarding the existence of any radioactivity however, you'd think if there were any proof of a UFO hovering above that ol' 57 Chevy, i.e. leaving any remnant of radioactive material behind, the Government would have surely confiscated it and locked it up in area 51 or something...:rolleyes: If there is radioactive material present, anything above “background” that could very easily be replicated or accomplished by contaminating the trunk and roof with what’s known as “NORM”, Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material. This stuff can be found in many parts of the country where oilfield tubulars are pulled from a well that contains NORM scale in the I.D. of the tube. When taking readings for NORM using a Geiger Counter, background readings are usually around 14 – 16 pCi/g. Readings above background are considered contaminated and any reading found to be above 50 pCi/g must be disposed of in Type II landfill. So, if anyone wanted to make a car appear to be radioactive, it could easily be done – but like I said, if you're looking for this particular car, I’d bet its somewhere outside Roswell… :D later dude.. BDR :cool:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I Have it now. I use the radioactivity from the car to power my house. The only problem I have are the 2 horn like objects growing out the side of my head. I got that beat I wear a large hat. Its worth the hassel I get free power...

Good day... Peter

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
I'm surprized the Martians didn't want to keep the 57 coupe. What's the matter with them!!! Then they could be cruzin on Mars LOL

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
As a surgical nurse I can tell you that Betty and Barney described in detail a surgical procedure that did not take place here on Earth for another 20 years after their encounter.
Jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts