Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep
took high compression 396 out of my other girl<chevelle>
and decided to build a 468 for her this winter, between going to Az and other things going on here.
Bottom end has been done ,Have aluminium rec heads, hav rec performer rpm intake too. just need to decide on what roller I want to go with? This motor is gonna be milder then the 496 in 55.
Kinda looking at the COMP THUMPERS, Looking at the Big Muth Thumper Retro-fit hydraulic roller.
Need to know if any one here @ tri-5 has or is running a thumper in there big blocks ? If they perform good, and what lifters your using too?
If I do, Im not going with the kit either. Just cam shaft and
want to use a good roller lifter with it?
Thanks for replys and thoughts.

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
I always run stock replacement cams for HP models like 350 HP 327 in 56, 30-30 Duntov 67 Camaro, & 425 HP 427 in my 396 in my 55.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I had a big mutha thumpr in my 396, that i wiped out on start up. After talking to the engine builder there is much better choices to go with. I went with the comp cams xtreme roller. Much more go. The thumpr are more show.

·
Registered
187 Posts
you should go to comp cams web site and down load their cam quest. you could put the specs in for you motor and choose all different cams and it will give your projected hp/torq.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts