Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
building a new console and am looking for aluminum, stainless or chrome tray maybe 2 or 3" wide and 6 to 8" long. Have searched all over and have been unable to come up with anything. Wanted to use a small tray on console for change, keys etc.? Any ideas? Thanks Ron

·
Registered
37,981 Posts
I think the best approach would be to have something made for you by a welding shop or sheet metal shop if you can't do it yourself. Have it built to fit exactly.

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
building a new console and am looking for aluminum, stainless or chrome tray maybe 2 or 3" wide and 6 to 8" long. Have searched all over and have been unable to come up with anything. Wanted to use a small tray on console for change, keys etc.? Any ideas? Thanks Ron
How about a small SS insert from a dog bowl:questionmark: Later, Dave

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,611 Posts
I went through that when building mine. Never did find anything. The upholstery guy was then going to build a ridge in the shape of a tray in the center of console. He failed too.

Good luck,
Randy

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
SS is used a lot in the food serving sector, try a restaurant supply store.
Jim

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts
SS is used a lot in the food serving sector, try a restaurant supply store.
Jim
Or in the kitchen cabinets. :)
If your going to put keys and change in it, deffinitely don't use billet and stainless will also scratch fairly easily. I would consider a stainless frame and upholstered bottom.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Stainless

Ron, do a google search for "stainless steel butter dish". I found some neat looking ones when I was considering a console for my car. Stainless soap dish is another interesting search. :anim_25: JIM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts