Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have made the decision, I'm installing TPI fuel injection in the '55. I've debated doing this for sometime now...just want to turn this old iron into a cruiser. I went for a ride last weekend in one of our club members newly completed '55 HT, 383 w/TPI and a 700R4...night and day difference between our two cars even though we both have similar engines, transmissions, HP, and gears. He's using a rebuilt Corvette TPI unit with 52mm runners, polished and powdercoated...instant performance and looks great under the hood...that ride sold me.

So anyway this winter I'll have a aluminum Corvette intake, 1406 carb, polished, finned, aluminum air cleaner w/KN filter, linkage etc, plus an Edlebrock jet/spring kit. Will take the first best offer for the 4bbl works when I'm ready to pull it... and I'll also have a 3-2bbl setup complete, Edelbrock Manifold, Holley 2bbl's(1 primary, 2 slaves)progressive linkage, 3 finned, polished aluminum air cleaners and KN filters, Fel-Pro intake gasket set, everything is brand new, never installed and the unit was only removed from the packaging and box once since I bought it .
When I get ready to sell everything I'll post pictures and prices...just thought I'd let you all know if you are in the market. G.R.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I have parts of a TPI setup from a 1990 Corvette. It came with a spare engine that I picked up for my 1990 Vette. I've been thinking about removing the 327 and putting the L98 in my 56 with a carb setup.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you had a chance to flip through the book yet?
yes and it has been a big help answering some questions I've had. Again thank you!

·
Registered
7,892 Posts
I found it very informative and written in easy to understand language. Clear pictures too. It's a shame the guy never wrote a book on women.

P.S. You're welcome! :shakehands:

·
Premium Member
7,601 Posts
Cam choice

Make sure your cam will be compatable with the TPI a hydraulic roller would really work well.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Comp Cam in it now will work fine with TPI according to the company I'm getting the unit from...same cam as the one in my fellow members engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts