Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big decisions made leaving me with bittersweet emotions . I sold my 55 Nomad and my 55 Del Ray......yes I did ! I decided in my quest to "thin the herd" having way too many cars for my age I let some go to other pastures . Both buyers were through word of mouth as good car guys do. . Good cars priced right go fast and they went to good homes . No worries I still have my 55 150 gasser and the 57 150 and 57 210 . so I'm not straying away from the love of tri fives . This decision frees me up to concentrate of some build projects. I also listed some tri five parts in classified , more to come . Just thought I would share the news

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Decisions have to be made sometimes.
Did the 55’ Nomad stay local to you ?
Stretch
Yes and it will be taken to higher levels ,it was a California car, roller project considered barn find . Turquoise and Ivory with very nice solid and straight body ....sold to a friend . Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
It's a rare hotrod that leaves without a little remorse. Especially if I've put some blood and sweat into it. But if the time and money goes into something else I want to finish, that eases the pain.
Hope you get rolling along on the other projects with the extra space!

·
Registered
66,049 Posts
know the feeling. but, at my age one works for me now.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Kind of sorry to hear about this Greg - but have to agree with the others that it seems like a decision well thought out. I was looking forward to you joining us in the insanity that is rebuilding a Nomad 🙄. You' should absolutely pick and choose your projects according to your own priorities - and keep us in the loop! You mentioned the buyer is a friend - if he isn't on here already, maybe he'd like to join in...
JR

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Always hated when one left. Don't do what I did. Go get another one!
Hmmm....now that is easier said than done .......like a kid with a bag of candy it is hard to not eat it all even though you know you will be in trouble with Mom.

·
Registered
7,733 Posts
The fella who bought Greg's '55 Nomad is a Chevrolet Nomad Association (CNA) member who does quite a bit of 'Nomad buying/selling'. I suspect the Nomad will be for sale again before too long, but I believe he sells thru FB marketplace mostly? I've no idea if he is a member here or not...

PS. Greg still has 4 nice pieces of Nomad chrome (rechromed eyebrows and NOS door mouldings), so any of you needing some... should contact Greg (ChevyGasserMadness)... :)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The fella who bought Greg's '55 Nomad is a Chevrolet Nomad Association (CNA) member who does quite a bit of 'Nomad buying/selling'. I suspect the Nomad will be for sale again before too long, but I believe he sells thru FB marketplace mostly? I've no idea if he is a member here or not...

PS. Greg still has 4 nice pieces of Nomad chrome (rechromed eyebrows and NOS door mouldings), so any of you needing some... should contact Greg (ChevyGasserMadness)... :)
Thanks Gary , car guys helping car guys is a big plus to this hobby . The new owner of the Nomad has plans of doing it to higher levels, but it is his choice and I will be happy to see it get done in what ever theme he chooses. Ive known him a long time and he actually owned the car before so he knew it is a quality car to start out with.

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Hey Greg-congrats on your sales !! it's hard lettin loose of somethings some times, so good job of clean'n house!!! I did an " inventory reduction sale" some years back, and am still glad I did!!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A positive update...........my 61 Bubbletop and my 57 150 also have new owners . 4 cars gone in 4 days . No FB no Craigslist tire kickers , just good ole calls to car buddies and fair prices gets it done . Actually I give thanks to the Big Man above as He did all the behind the scenes work. It is a good feeling to free up space and now concentrate on moving forward with more insanity....lol.

·
Registered
7,733 Posts
If it makes you happy, Greg... then we are all happy for you! :) So what did you keep to work on ? Do you still have a Trifive?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts