Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi fellow tri 5 lovers. Our group is getting larger all the time. I belong to the Northwest Classic Chevy Club in the Seattle area and we have only tri fives. we have our annual car show in Issaquah Wa. every August. getting bigger all the time. two years ago we had Dennis Gage to visit and tape our show. I have a flame red 57 210 post, RB's front clip, 94 LT-1 with 4l60e trans with many add-ons. You might have seen it on the web at times for sale. I have decided to keep it and run the wheels off of it. It has won a lot of trophies and awards but it is time to put some miles on it.
Catch you all later,
bkt50s

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey Neighbor!!!

Hey Bkt50s,
The XXX Burger tri five show in Issaquah was awesome, I made the 5 hour drive just for that reason, well I wanted to say hello to Mike Lavalee too too bad he couldn't make it. But I saw tons of great cars there, I stayed around for the photo shoot of the 57s in front of the XXX and helped a couple of guys load the giveaway toolbox in the back of a Ford pickup. I sure hope it made it to the winner ok.
One of the best shows I've been to just wish the root beer flowed a little faster. I'll definitely be there in 2007,

Sincerely,
Dave Twin Blown 57:D

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
bk2t50s,
Welcome to the site! Have you visited Art Morrison's shop? I believe he's right in your backyard. Your going to like it here! Happy Holidays!

Tom

·
Registered
138 Posts
The pacific Northwest has some really good places to visit if you're a hot rodder. A friend and I had tickets to a Mariners game and we both were more intersted in visiting hotrod shops so we started at the XXX Burger in Issaquah and got full, Drove up to Snohomish and visited Mike Lavallee's shop Killer Paint (Really cool dudes), Drove down to Renton and visited Dark Horse Performance (Diddn't realize he doesn't have a retail store but cool guy anyways), Drove down to Art Morrison in Fife and yapped with them for about an hour and toured thier shop, and still made it back up to Safeco Field to see the game, This was all in ONE DAY. One of the greatest days in my life well next to marrying my wife and buying my 57 (Those two are pretty close).
I've also checked out Jim Meyer's shop in Lincoln City, Oregon while on vacation there (just a coincidence wink wink).
Anyways, I'm glad to see another Northwesterner on here I'll be sure to say hello to you next year at the XXX Tri Five show.

Sincerely,

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Hey Dave,
A friend and neighbor of mine (Brent Dupont of Dupont Custom Classics) who built "Ricochet" a 1957 B/A 2004 SEMA feature car, uses Jim Meyer frame's and suspension components on all his builds. He swears by them. You should check out Brent's web site for a look at some of his work and current project "Nickelback" a '55 210. Some day I will plan a vacation that just happens to be near all those shops you referred to.

Tom

·
Registered
138 Posts
Tom,
Jim Meyer builds a great tri 5 chassis and you wouldn't believe how down to earth these people are Jim's shop is just off the Pacific Coast Highway and you have to look close cuz it's real easy to miss it. I drove past it probably 5 times before finally locating it, my wife thought maybe I was looking for a burger joint the way I kept backtracking.
I was really surprised that the guys at Art Morrison were as open as they were about all of thier stuff. They are a much larger and high tech shop than Jim's but they took us on a tour of thier shop and showed some of thier new tri 5 chassis in different stages of completion.
As far as picking one over the other I would honestly have to say they are both the cream of the crop and the differences are minimal so maybe price tag would be the determining factor.
I can also reccomend the D Sands hotel or the Sandcastle in Lincoln City if you are planning a trip.
Sincerely,

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Welcome! Your screen name is also one of my favorite events to attend...Ever been to "The 50's"??

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Dave,
Thanks for the info. As much as I would love to replace the frame on my '55, it won't be for a while. I have the same understanding about the frame's from both Meyer's and Morrison. Happy holiday's!!!!!

Tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.