Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, where can I buy the rubber plugs that look like grommets but have a thin rubber membrane in the center? I've often heard of them referred to as blind grommets.

Any help?
TIA,
-b

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,379 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry, just edited my post.. not looking for body plugs, looking for grommets that have a thin membrane in the center. This is not a tri 5 specific part. I've heard them referred to as blind grommets, or blanking grommets, but I'm looking for a US mfr or distributor of these. Most of the ones I see are over seas or require an order of 1000.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
for a 1.25" hole.. thanks Randy! I'll have my phone on while walking so you can call me if you need to.

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
26,424 Posts
I've heard those called "Diaphragm" grommets also.

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,539 Posts
You can get them from here, but you have to buy a thousand of them. You might call them for a retailer. http://www.allianceplastics.com/diaphragm-grommets
Call and ask for a sample:D

Bill I'll find it for you and let you know. Have fun walking buddy, I did that a few years back when my MIL died of cancer. Its a great cause and good for you for sticking with it and missing GoodGuys this time around.

Randy

·
Registered
73 Posts
grommet

You might try your local ACE hardware store the ones that have bins of parts. They may have what you want.:anim_25:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts