Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1957 chevy bel air 4 door hardtop
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, so my full length headers have been hanging low for a while, and finally kicked the bucket. My neighbor gave me a set of block hugger Sanderson headers. (If you’ve seen the set for tri five on the Sanderson website, it’s basically two of the block huggers.) The website says they don’t have two block huggers for clearance of the idler arm on the passenger side. I don’t quite see how it would be an issue. So I’m just wondering if anyone is running dual block huggers on their stock or near stock tri five. It’s a 350, with everything else stock. Thanks guys!

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,838 Posts

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts
they're a variant of the sanderson cc1 type headers. They may just be the cc1's, but same concept regardless.
I'm using an older version of their CC55AP. The outer tubes seem to sweep in more than the current version. Link to CC55AP. The passenger side is shorter to get the large collector above the idler arm and the pipe can be made to clear the idler.

·
Registered
1957 chevy bel air 4 door hardtop
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm using an older version of their CC55AP. The outer tubes seem to sweep in more than the current version. Link to CC55AP. The passenger side is shorter to get the large collector above the idler arm and the pipe can be made to clear the idler.
Gotcha, thanks for the photos! Yea in the other kit I've seen, the passenger side is a lot shorter. Im wondering if i should go about modifying the header to make it shorter or see if i can build the exhaust tight enough to clear the idler arm. Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts