Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
hi lonespar, :confused0006: i just put some on my55 but had to alter them a bit. (i cut the flange off,shortened the pipes , put the flange back on and tucked in a bit more to miss the steering box, . tryed too sets before i had to alter them.:anim_25:

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have a set of Hedman tight tubes block huggers for straight plug heads they fit well alowing easy removal and access to sparkplugs while still clearing the steering box.... Redid the engine, now using patriots 3/4 length for angle plug heads

·
Registered
921 Posts
X2 on the Patriot headers, I had 3 other sets that I tried and either didn't like or they wouldn't fit, but I'm using the new 500 steering box.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not sure of the brand on these. Found them on Craigslist for a good price, bought them, got em home and they sure look like they won't fit.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Installed Sanderson Block Huggers on my 55 with a 454 and stock steering. Fit nicely. Had them powercoated once I was certain of the fit.
John

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Installed Sanderson Block Huggers on my 55 with a 454 and stock steering. Fit nicely. Had them powercoated once I was certain of the fit.
John
Power-coated (or Powder-Coated) Headers??????? Hope ya meant Jet Hot Coated (or an equivilant type coating)...don't think powder-coat would hold up to the Heat generated by Headers! IMHO

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took a close look at the headers that were in the backseat when I bought the wagon. They are Hedman's for a 55-57. I am going to clean them up and put them on. I already have them so why not. I will save the block hugger for when I put the 350 back in my Cameo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts