Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was down in Reno at Hot August Nights last weekend looking at a bunch of beautiful tri-5s. I would recommend the trip to any car buff.
At the swap meet there I purchased a rear leaf spring re-locating kit made by TCI to use on my 55. The intent was or is to lower the rear 2"s and be able to install wider tires. After the purchase I looked under probably 50 tri-5's at the show to see how they did their rear suspension. I saw mostly 2 to 3 inch blocks between the diff and spring and a few with 4 links and a few with the relocate kit like I bought. I am now wondering if it is worth the hassle to notch my frame for the kit.I would love some help on which way to go. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
I did a kit on my '56 210. Primary reason was the rot that I had on the frame. I just got the chassis back together today. The kit will leave it at the stock height unless you use blocks. You will increase your room for a wider tire but not with out doing a mini tub to your wheel wells. You can see where the original spring perch located the spring.
Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
it depends on what kit you get.I saw one kit that gave an option of different springs to adjust from a stock ride ::) Or if you already got a good pair of springs the blocks do a fine job:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts