Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interested in a engine from Big Als Toy Box, anybody heard any neg feedbacks or purchased a engine from Big Al.

·
Administrator
1,297 Posts
Hi Perry
I built better than a dozen hot rods with Big Als blower motors in them and never had an ounce of bad feed back.
We have a blown 69 camaro in the waiting trailor that has spray on it and 1500 horse power that Al built for a customer of mine . Als been around long enough if there was a problem he would be on it like fish on worms. :eek: Or fly on ..... somthing like that . At any rate Als got our seal of happyness. :D

·
Administrator
1,297 Posts
Thank you PaPa for the kind words . :( :p :eek: :)
Big Al has really put together some great packages at reasonable prices from street blown to all out race. The great part about his shop you buy what suites you. His Street Motor is a very stock rebuild with an under driven 671 root style blower that will run for miles if driven as its intended (a street motor) Then he has motors that go threw the stages from mild to absolutely wild. Its always worth a trip to his shop he has a get together each year or so to show his appreciation to his customers. What a Guys right :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
55 Bel- Air pro street

Hi Perry
So did ya go Blown Big Block? :)
Yes Steve I purchased a blown 540 from Big Al, as of now I'am painting the block and waiting for the 55 to come back fr the interior shop.I figure another mt. nice motor bay so I have to take my time pulling the 468 out as not to scratch any thing, Big Al says a 1,000 HP but you can never have too much right? anyway when its all done I will be posting pictures. Thanks, Perry55.

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Hey Perry

When you pull that 468 out I will haul it off for you so it doesn't get in the way.

Just trying to be a good neighbor

Otis:)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Perry Al's motors are great! We design all the cooling systems for him and let me tell you, you won't be disapointed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey Perry are you installing a roll cage with that 1000 Hp ? I,m building a 57 with a blown 454 and really don,t want a cage but everyone says I need one to keep the chassis from twisting ,interested in you're build .Jerry W.:

·
Registered
377 Posts
What's up Perry55!!! Is this 1,000 monster going in a Street car or a drag car???? I'm hoping for 750-800 horse out of my BBC with the help of ALOT nitrous!!! My car is a driven street car that has been known to hit the track or local street race every now and again. To help Jerry Watkins out, how about a "prostreet" cage???? My 55' has a four point cage that is extremely tight to the headliner!!! My rear down tubes follow the headliner back and is only about 1/2" from the rear glass!! It doesn't have the cross bar in the main hoop, is not noticable from the outside, and the back seat is still functionable with no clearance problems. It's not the best "race car" design but it does help "stiffen" the chassis and would have to help if it was ever in an accident or rollover!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts