Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the more expensive lenses with the blue dots directly in front of the bulb for my '55 and there is not even a hint of blue hue on the tail light. What a waste of money:mad:

Anyone else had this happen? Maybe because the housing is painted silver causing too much reflection... ANY ideas?

·
Premium Member
19,668 Posts
I purchased the more expensive lenses with the blue dots directly in front of the bulb for my '55 and there is not even a hint of blue hue on the tail light. What a waste of money:mad:

Anyone else had this happen? Maybe because the housing is painted silver causing too much reflection... ANY ideas?
yep

been there and tried these tail lenses, and same issue, these are long gone now, :anim_25:

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
I've seen 2 types of blu's.. Plastic, and the real glass pieces. Glass worked.

·
Administrator
49,962 Posts
I've seen 2 types of blu's.. Plastic, and the real glass pieces. Glass worked.
That is also the same thing i`ve heard in the past. Had blue dots way back and went with the LED`s this time myself.
Terry

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Usually it's the blue dot placement that makes them either look blue or not.

If not directly infront of the bulb they don't even show a hint of being blue.

And some of the plastic blue dots never look like they suppose to.

I've had a couple that unless you pressed on the brake pedal they still looked like regular taillights.

Jeffs55 told me he bought a set of LED replacement bulbs he used in the taillights of his '55 Wagon. Maybe a set of these may make the blue dots in your lenses look brighter?

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Most blues dots I've seen don't look blue until you hit the brakes... Later, Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts