Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a good filler out there to fill the original seams? I don't know how to use lead and looking for a quality product. Thanks in advance....

·
RIP: 10-27-2018
3,279 Posts
You don't need any exotic material, All you need is bondo. Amazing stuff.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
evercoat quantum is an epoxy hybrid. only thing i would use for seams. another excellent filler is the vette adhesive filler. anything else is likely to crack or shrink with time.

·
Registered
13,410 Posts
evercoat quantum is an epoxy hybrid. only thing i would use for seams. another excellent filler is the vette adhesive filler. anything else is likely to crack or shrink with time.
Porch,

You and I talked about this a while back and you mentioned the Vette adhesive but not the Quantum.

I will be getting to this step pretty soon now on my '55.

Also, it seems like someone mentioned on the old SPI site that All Metal or Metal-to-Metal (I don't remember for sure and the site has been wiped out) worked well for this too.

So, Quantum is your top choice for this now? Is that what you used on the '56?

I sure don't want to have ghosting issues after the car sees the hot sun.

Thanks,
Roger

·
Premium Member
13,473 Posts
I like all metal for the body seams. it works well, just rough it down to shape before it completely hardens.:eek:

·
Registered
13,410 Posts
I like all metal for the body seams. it works well, just rough it down to shape before it completely hardens.:eek:
Thanks.
I take it you never had a ghosting issue down the road after using it?

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
the vette panel adhesive filler is by far the best to use. it is what i am going to on all my vette work. wish i had used it on the 57 vette but it has seen many hours of sun and no problems. i am switching to the quantum form rage as it is an epoxy hybrid .

·
Registered
13,410 Posts
the vette panel adhesive filler is by far the best to use. it is what i am going to on all my vette work. wish i had used it on the 57 vette but it has seen many hours of sun and no problems. i am switching to the quantum form rage as it is an epoxy hybrid .
Thanks,

Sounds like the quantum is a new product so I assume you used the vette panel adhesive on the '56 Bel Air seams?

Also, I noticed in the instructions on the Quantum that it says primer over the metal first is not needed. Would you suggest epoxy primer first anyway?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts